Your culinary options in downtown T or C — and at the new brewery — just got more interesting. Me Gusta World Street Food announced today the opening of a new food truck featuring “street foods from around the world”. The company says they are “a different kind of food truck that features international foods made from scratch with local, fresh and organic ingredients. We love fresh local food that is hand-made with love, and a sense of culinary adventure. ”
Owners Gaelan and Jasna Brown and their 13 year old son Aleks spent most of the last 4 years travelling the US living in an old Airstream, and fell in love with T or C about 6 months ago.
“We decided to make T or C our home, and to bring our love of travel and culinary adventure to the downtown area,” said Me Gusta co-founder and Head Chef Jasna Brown. “Our menu features made-from- scratch meals made with fresh local and organic ingredients and an international flair that we think people here will love.”
Located next door to the new T or C Brewery, Me Gusta makes it easy for brewery patrons to order meals delivered to their table in the pub. Several menu items are made with beer as an ingredient, along with fresh bread made with spent grains from the brewery.
Me Gusta has its own shaded outdoor seating area where patrons can enjoy their food and socialize with friends into the late evening, being open from 4pm to 11pm on Friday and Saturday nights and 4pm to 8pm on Sundays. Price points range between $7 and $9 per meal.
For more information, call (575) 740-5529 or visit Me Gusta in person in the backyard of 400 N. Broadway, T or C on weekend evenings.
- Poutine (Quebec, Canada): Hand-cut fries soaked overnight in beer then fried crisp and smothered in stout beer-beef gravy and cheddar cheese curds.
- Mezze Plate (Balkans/Turkey): Appetizer plate featuring home-made organic hummus, baba ganoush and ajvar red-pepper eggplant spreads made with local produce, Tucumcari feta, kalamata olives and fresh-baked Serbian pita bread wedges made with Navajo wheat and spent grains from TorC Brewing Co.
- Green Chile Beef Sliders (New Mexico): Three sliders made from NM grass-fed beef blended with fresh roasted Hatch green chiles: One topped with kimchi daikon radish and Jazzy’s special sauce; one with bread n butter pickle chips and homemade ajvar aioli; one with homemade chimichurri aioli.
- Green Chile Bratwurst (NM/Germany): Kyzer Farms green chile brat braised in beer and wrapped in a fresh-cooked wheat tortilla with Dijon mustard and organic sauerkraut.
- Falafel Pita (Middleast/Balkans):Homemade fried falafel patties made with organic garbanzo beans and spices, topped with organic tahini dressing and tomato-cucumber salad, served in a fresh-baked Serbian pita made with Navajo wheat and spent grains from TorC Brewing Co.
For more information about Me Gusta, contact Gaelan Brown at (575) 740-5529 or Gaelanb@gmail.com.
You must be logged in to post a comment.