In order for the municipal pool to maintain regular hours, Lifeguards are needed immediately.
If you are interested in applying for any available position at the City, click to download the standard employment application.
The Lifeguard performs specialized work in the enforcement of regulation and the protection of life at the swimming pool. This position is responsible for maintaining reasonable state of discipline and behavior on the part of swimmers and rescuing those who might be in distress. Instructions and preliminary training are given at the beginning of the season, after which employee is expected to follow the established procedures with minimum assistance. Cashier is to promptly, courteously and accurately perform cashiering duties at municipal pool. Receive cash payments or seasonal passes from the public and maintain record on transactions Work is subject to review through visual inspections by supervisor. This position normally works from Monday through Sunday. Individuals may be required to work additional hours as directed by supervisor.
KNOWEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Skills in swimming, rescue work, resuscitation, and in giving first aide.
- Good physical strength and sufficient strength to control struggling adult swimmer
- Ability to maintain constant alertness to recognize emergencies and respond to emergency situations with appropriate action.
- Ability to communicate and establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public and with other personnel..
- Ability to work under pressure with constant interruptions and to work on more that one task at a time. Be self-motivated.
REQUIREMENTS/ CERTIFICATION/ LICENSE:
- Must have American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification, Community First Aid and CPR certifications, within 30 days of hire.
- Must successfully pass pre-employment drug screening.