Ed. note: Please share widely. This position is important to fill with a superb talent!
The City of Truth or Consequences seeks a Tourism/Event Coordinator.
The purpose of this position is to increase City revenues through marketing/branding, advertising, convention bookings, and tour operators. The scope of work shall consist of planning, booking, coordinating, and scheduling site visits, press trips, and bus tours, and generally marketing the City of Truth or Consequences (Truth or Consequences) in the tourism industry locally, statewide, and abroad. This position is appointed by and reports directly to the City Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, Maintain, and Develop the tourism ‘brand’ for the City of Truth or Consequences.
- Continue to refine our advertising campaign, cooperate with advertisers to meet seasonal deadlines, plan and proof advertisements, print brochures as needed, and interact with editors—locally and nationally—for coverage highlighting our area.
- Write annual application for State Tourism Co-Op grant and follow up with reporting requirements. Coordinate with State Tourism Department regarding any opportunities to include Truth or Consequences in their marketing efforts.
- Plan for, prepare, and represent Truth or Consequences at special events;
- Attend ‘Lodgers Tax Advisory Board’ meetings assist in their marketing decisions and maintain all published information regarding Truth or Consequences. Help plan and attend public events.
- Post news, events, and other items to promote Truth or Consequences on the City Website, Facebook page, and any other relevant social media outlets.
- Maintain an office at the Civic Center to plan, promote, and book events, as well as manage and maintain the convention center.
- Collaborate with organizations to welcome visitors and promote local designations, prepare and provide the information they need. Track demographics and advertising success throughout the season.
- Create, print, and obtain display material as needed.
- Arrange to replace signage as it degrades.
- Maintain equipment and services; budget and arrange for upkeep/replacement as necessary.
- Provide the City Manager and other groups with quantitative reports that include charts, graphs, and relevant statistics.
The Tourism/Event Coordinator may supervise staff or volunteers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Tourism / Marketing Degree preferred.
- Two years of experience in a Tourism/Marketing setting, or related area of expertise that would enable the employee to satisfactorily perform the duties required.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training.
More information about this position may be found by calling 575-894-6673 ext. 314 or visiting the city website.