TRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES MUNICIPAL SCHOOLS
TITLE OF JOB: Elementary Teacher
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree.
Valid/current New Mexico teaching license with appropriate endorsement(s), Bilingual endorsement preferred.
Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
JOB GOAL: To instruct students in subject matter and skills that will continue their development as mature, able and responsible individuals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Adhere to district leave policy
• Be punctual to job assignments and meetings
• Maintain physical stamina to meet demands of the job
• Other duties as assigned by the Building Principal
• Maintain clear and up-to-date lesson plans, records, and reports
• Relate lesson plans to clearly defined objectives consistent with curriculum and Common Core State Standards
• Make effective use of planning time
• Use test results to diagnose and prescribe effective instruction
• Provide effective communication with parents
• Seek assistance and advice of professional staff when appropriate
• Take advantage of professional development opportunities when available
• Manage student data systems for grades and attendance
Instructional Methods/Classroom Management:
• Provide information in a clear and concise manner, using differentiated instruction approach
• Use words and content appropriate to the subject matter and ability of students
• Monitor all non-direct teacher activities for their usefulness and appropriateness
• Aid students in developing positive self-concepts
• Maintain a high level of time on task and redirect students who are off task
• Maintain a positive classroom atmosphere conducive to learning
• Administer fair and consistent discipline
• Effectively use technology to enhance curriculum